Monday, October 1, 2018

Take My Breath Away ~ Faith Andrews ~ New Release and Review



Title: Take My Breath Away
Series: The Every Breath Duet #2
Author: Faith Andrews
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: October 1, 2018



Blurb

All I wanted to do was love her.

I couldn’t break her when she’d finally been put back together . . . when she was finally mine.

I was a coward, a bigger a**hole than her ex-husband, a more selfish pr*ck than her brother.

But London didn’t know that.

She only saw me as the man who would give her the world, the man who owned her heart.

And even though the confession burned the tip of my tongue and begged to be spit out and set free, I couldn’t do it.

Not yet . . . I needed to hold on to this lie for just a little while longer to keep her safe.







Purchase Links

99c for a VERY limited time

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Only available at iBooks for a VERY limited time 







Also Available


$2.99 for a limited time

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






Author Bio


Faith Andrews is living out her dream right outside the greatest city in the world, New York City. Happily married to her high school sweetheart, she is the mother of two beautiful and wild daughters, and a furry Yorkie son named Rocco Giovanni. When she’s not tapping her toes to a Mumford & Sons tune or busy being a dance mom, her nose is stuck in a book or she’s sitting behind the laptop, creating her next colorful daydream. Coffee addict, lover of wine and cheese, and sucker for concerts and Netflix, Faith believes in love at first sight and happily ever after.


Author Links



Elizabeth's Review

3.5 Stars for the Duet


Review Copy Provided by Author


This review is really for the overall Every Breath Duet instead of just Take My Breath Away. I enjoyed the overall story that these two books tell. London is an interesting female lead, but she felt like a bit of a departure for Ms. Andrews, not quite as independent as I would have expected. Hunter, Bryce, and Sam are all interesting male love interests and provide key points on London's journey.
The story told in this duet is multifaceted with multiple layers, angst, and drama. Some of the drama is organic to the story and some is manufactured. There were several times when reading that I had to remind myself that London is a younger character (mid 20's) who has never really been on her own.

Take My Breath Away backs up in time a little bit from the ending of the first book, so we get to see more of London and Sam's developing relationship. I enjoyed seeing them move forward from their friendship to more. I also appreciated the complications of Hunter (London's ex) and Memphis (her brother) showing back up in town. Their being back allowed full closure to London's past so that she can fully move forward. Their reappearance also brought about a couple of moments that seemed to go just a little too far. Yes, their situation was important to the story line, but I felt like how it played out actually hurt the credibility of the book a little for me.

I'm going to be a bit brutally honest, Duets bother me. There is an art to them that I think very few people master so that both books feel like complete stories. Based on how Every Breath You Take ended, I was anxious for the conclusion to the story and had high hopes for this duet because the author is a favorite. I enjoyed Take My Breath Away, mainly because it was the conclusion to the story, but I didn't love it. For me, this book fell into the trap of many duets and stretched a little further than it really should have to make two full books.

I think my biggest issue is that I really did like the overall story arc and the Hunter/London/Sam triangle. The message about there being different types of love and different times for love is one that carried through and resonated with me.
Having read the full duet, I really wish we could move past the perception that a romance novel can only be a certain length and that anything past that has to be a second book. I do feel like this would have been a stronger story had it been one book without some of the extra drama.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment