Monday, February 4, 2019

Review Catch Up - New Releases

New Releases

I'm catching up again... these are all title that have hit the shelves recently. Hope you enjoy!


My Kind of Forever (A Trillium Bay Novel Book 2)My Kind of Forever by Tracy Brogan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

Ms Brogan is one of those authors that when I read her works, I always want to kick myself for not reading her more consistently.
My Kind of Forever is an unique and entertaining story with a fantastic cast of characters. While Brooke is the focus of the story, we get to see a good bit of her sisters, family, and town.
Brooke is a character that I liked and connected with, but there were also times when I wanted to shake her! Watching her interact with Leo was fun, and I appreciated the slightly slow burn that comes from caution and maturity.
The conflict element in My Kind of Forever is one I didn’t expect, but was wonderfully executed. This is a second in a series of books. There were places where I wished I had read the first for a little more background, but those places didn’t keep me from completely enjoying this book. I will have to go back and read book one, not to mention keeping a look out for book 3 in the series.

Amazon


 Hollywood PlayboyHollywood Playboy by Natasha Madison

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review Copy provided by Author

I’m not sure how she does it, but Ms Madison seems to have set a bar of excellence and continues to meet it.
Tyler and Jessica are an entertaining characters from the beginning and I enjoyed their fast paced story. Seeing them move from open animosity to a friendship to more was fun and sweet to watch.
It was also interesting to see Tyler’s blindness to some of the things around him. It was a trait that was frustrating, because of the writing on the wall, but also endearing because it showcased his loyalty.
The secondary cast was interesting, I loved the interaction between Tyler and his parents and the friendships Jessica seemed to surround herself with.
Hollywood Playboy isn’t a long book, but that also speaks to the power of the writing as the emotions seem to radiate off the page. The relationship between Tyler and Jessica seemed truly authentic.
After seeing glimpses of Kellie and Brian in this story, I can’t wait to see what Ms Madison has in store for them.

Amazon


 One Tough Cowboy (Moving Violations #1)One Tough Cowboy by Lora Leigh

2.5 Stars - Below Average Read

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

I grabbed this title thinking it would be a romantic suspense with a western/cowboy element.
What I got started out nice - Sam returns to the town where she grew up and reunites with her crush to solve a crime. After that, things kind of went off the rails for me.
This is a dual author book and it’s one that felt half done. There was minimal character development and some of the plot points seemed to come out of no where. There were several pieces of information that popped up at one point and then went away, like they were never connected to the story.
The big disappointment for me was also the way the story was set up. When I think romantic suspense, I think a plot/characters driven story with a side of sexy time. This was sexy time broken up by bits of police work with something so far fetched it didn’t really make sense.
I got the impression that each of the co authors wrote their assigned pieces of the book then they were shoved together vs working as a cohesive unit to ensure that everything flowed well together. This is disappointing because the premise of the story is one that I felt had potential.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment