Monday, April 18, 2022

Review Round Up ~ April 18




TBR Reads:   


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Received for Free with Newletter Sign Up

This is a free read that was definitely more than I expected.
What did I expect you ask?
I expected it to be well written (it is a Vi Keeland book after all)
I expected romance
I expected a little risky business
I expected humor - with a blurb and set up like this one, how could I not?

Inappropriate delivered on all those expectations, but it also delivered a powerful emotional story woven in between the romance and humor.

The meet cute here is awesome and I loved how it played into the strengths of Grant and Ireland. The truly strong female lead character who stuck to her guns was great to see.
Grant’s story is revealed in flashbacks and each one peels a little more of the onion away so that he makes more sense to the reader as he’s also revealing himself to Ireland.

The issues and emotions addressed in Grant’s back story are one of the things I liked most about Inappropriate, but it’s also one of the things that felt unfinished to me. I won’t go into detail about what those are, because I don’t want to spoil the story, but I will say that I needed just a smidge more in terms of full resolution.

Amazon  



My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Average Read

This entertaining read has been on my TBR for a while. The Badd Brothers are new to me, but I have been curious about them since picking up the books when they were on sale.
I liked Zane and Mara, along with his brothers and her friend that made up the primary secondary cast. I also found the premise of the story interesting.

If it's an entertaining read with likeable characters, then why is it an average read?
Mainly because as much as I liked the characters, I had a hard time connecting with them. Mara and Zane are both veterans, but both have other baggage too. As they were getting to know each other, there was one particular scene that just stuck out for me as not really fitting, the emotional data dump of the converation seemed to be meant to establish the parameters for the couple, and while that was accomplished, it was just too much and went a little far.
Some of the things that made this more of an average read for me are probably style/personal preference things, so I won't go into too much detail.
I will say that in meeting the other Badd brothers, I am curious about their stories.


Amazon


View all my reviews

*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment