Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Quick Reviews.....

Fire Over Frost (Over, #3.5)Fire Over Frost by J.A. DeRouen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A super quick read that takes us back to Providence, LA with Emmett and Annie. These are new characters that are connected to characters from the Over series, but there are no spoilers to be worried about.
We get to see the power of true love, even when it's been denied for several years.
Ms. DeRouen delivers a whopper of an emotional short story that is just right for the holidays.

Amazon


HookedHooked by Brenda Rothert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars
When I first started reading Hooked, I wasn't sure what to expect. I've only read this author once or twice before and enjoyed her books, but I haven't read her enough to know a lot going in.
What I found was very likeable characters who were easy to invest in wrapped up in a Cinderella meets hockey star romance.
Jake (the hockey star) doesn't make a great impression on Miranda (a hotel maid/bartender/college student) when they first meet.
Watching them move towards a friendship then more was sweet. I especially enjoyed seeing the evolution of Jake's character and understanding the why behind some of his behaviors.
Ms. Rothert did an excellent job of easing Jake and Miranda into a real relationship and making their feelings for each other seem realistic and the story of their meeting a romantic story vs a cliche. She also dealt with potentially serious issues in a way that was sensitive yet not over powering to the love story being told.
I think I may have a new favorite hockey player!

Amazon

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment