Monday, December 26, 2016

Random Reviews

Rebel Christmas: A Rebel Series NovellaRebel Christmas: A Rebel Series Novella by J.C. Hannigan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A cute catch up for followers of the Rebel series. This quick read novella lets readers visit with Tess and Brock, Elle and Braden, along with their friends and family during the Christmas holidays.
This is not a stand alone! If you have not read at least one of the Rebel books, you will be lost.

Amazon

Light Up the Night (Cottonbloom)Light Up the Night by Laura Trentham
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A fun, quick visit to Cottonbloom. This novella introduces new characters and touches on characters we've seen briefly in the Cottonbloom series books, so it works well as a stand alone.
Well written, this is a great escape, especially if you don't have a lot of time to read.


 View all my reviews

Bad Boy Firefighter ShiftersBad Boy Firefighter Shifters by Bella Love-Wins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

These were decent stories, but they didn't blow my socks off.
The stories were a little cookie cutter; Sexy bear shifter/fire fighters and little lady type heroines. I enjoyed the community dynamic, but really felt like I was reading 3 versions of the same story with different names and slightly different scenarios.
My biggest issue was the editing - there were just too many small errors sprinkled throughout the box set.

Amazon

Snowed In With YouSnowed In With You by Luxx Monroe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If you are looking for a quick, sexy read this would fit the bill.
The set up isn't 100% believable, but if you set that aside and just go with it, it works. Being a novella, the book is heavy on the sexy time and light on relationship or character development.
This is not the book for you if you are looking for a hefty emotional story, but is a good escape.

Amazon

A Curvy Coldwater Christmas (Coldwater Springs #5)A Curvy Coldwater Christmas by Jenn Roseton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A cute story, but I really wanted more. I read this in about 30 minutes and like what I saw of the characters and story. I would have appreciated a little more story and character development.


Amazon
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment