Thursday, May 4, 2017

Random Reviews

First Came You (Fate, #0.5)First Came You by Faith Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you've read the Fate series, you've met grown up Gabby and you know the struggles she has faced. This prequel novella gives you a chance to see her grow up and meet her Tommy.
Ms Andrews does an excellent job of capturing young love and the perils that go with it. It's impossible not to fall in love with Tommy right alongside Gabby.
Well written, this takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotion. There's laughter, sadness, and some really big "ahh" moments.
If you are new to Ms Andrews, this would be a good place to start as it is the prequel to the Fate books. But, even if you are already down the road with those stories, you can't help but enjoy this one too.

Amazon - Kindle Unlimited and Currently FREE

 Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)Chasing I Do by Marina Adair
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 stars
This was a cute, fun read about a second chance at love.
Darcy is a single mom/runaway bride on the cusp of making a name for herself and her business when the twin of her deceased ex suddenly reappears in her life.
I liked Darcy and Gage together and had a ton of respect for Darcy as a Mom and for how Gage handled discovering that his brother had a little girl no one knew about.
This is a well written introduction to a brand new series. My one hang up is that I felt like the ending was a little rushed and some of the conflicts regarding Darcy's history with the Easton family was left unaddressed. She and Gage seem to have gotten passed the fact that she nearly walked down the aisle with his brother, but the conversation needed for that to happen was never shown to us as readers, so I finished the book with questions. We also see that at least one of the brothers is okay with the new relationship, but what about the rest of Gage's family.
Seeing that this is book one in the series, these questions maybe addressed in future books and I will have to keep reading to find out.

Amazon - Kindle Unlimited

 Accounting for Love (Long Valley #1)Accounting for Love by Erin Wright

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was a quick, fun read. I would have liked to see a little more in terms of character and relationship development, but it was definitely an enjoyable story.

Amazon - Currently Free


Loving The Rancher (Part 1 of 3)Loving The Rancher by Julie Allen

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Ugh..... it's a serial! And yes, this potentially cute story is being punished with a low rating because part 2 would cost me $2.99 to read it.
This was marketed as a book, when in reality it's the first 1/3 of a book.
And to be honest, from what I read - it's a book that I would have been hard pressed to pay $2.99 for the whole thing, much less the middle portion!
I can't even really talk about what I liked or didn't because there wasn't enough of the book to judge!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment