Friday, September 6, 2019

Review Round Up ~ September 6


ARCS/Recent Releases 


The Aussie Next DoorThe Aussie Next Door by Stefanie London

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

This was a book I wasn’t sure what to expect from- based on the blurb it could have gone one of several directions.

What I discovered when reading the Aussie Next Door was two characters (Angie and Jace) who both have baggage weighing them down as they do their best to live a content/happy life. Ms London put these two in several interesting and entertaining situations while they figured out if they even liked each other, much less if they could be more.

I appreciated the slow build up and real relationship building that went into Jace and Angie trying to make things work. I also found the fact that they pushed each other to grow as people to be heartwarming and this emotional growth is what made this a 4 star read for me.

This could have been a simple marriage for visa turned real love story, but Ms London’s exploration of what made Jace and Angie tick turned it into more. Not only is it a love story, but it’s also a story about respect and being true to yourself.

This is the first book in a series and Jace has several siblings- I am curious to see where the series goes and hope Jace and Angie will be making cameo appearances.

Amazon

 One Hot SummerOne Hot Summer by Heidi McLaughlin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

This was an awesome anthology - please see my quick reviews for each read.

The summer of us - Melanie Moreland- 4 stars

I want more of Linc and Sunny!
Ms Moreland introduces us the the pair of 17 year old high school sweethearts and lets us see them over come obstacles to be together. She made me root for this pair of likeable characters. We even get to see a glimpse of the older pair reunited and I want to know what happens next!

The Inheritance - Amy Briggs - 3.5 stars

This is more the beginning of a book vs a full novella. What’s here - meeting Donovan and Riley- has me intrigued and I would definitely be interested in reading the full book once it’s published

Summer seduction- Casey Quinn - 4 stars

Oh my gosh, the twist at the end of this one is intense. This novella has entertaining characters and intense drama. I’m very curious to see how the full length follow up plays out. The remind me a bit of a Brittany Cherry book - Loving Mr Daniel, so I am curious to see how the execution might be different.

By the seaside - Heidi McLaughlin - 4 stars

I loved Kelly and Danny’s story. It was sweet and touching to see these two reconnect and 15 years apart. I was sad to see their story end and I want more!

Love’s a Beach - Danielle Pearl - 3.5 stars

Entertaining YA read. Liza is figuring out what she wants from her romantic life when he “townie” boyfriend shows his true colors.
Seeing her reconnect with Noah after he helps her escape a physical confrontation made me want to know more about how their story played out.

Single in Sitka - Katy Regenry - 4 stars

Oh how fun! Amanda and Luke’s story is flirty, entertaining and I can’t wait to read the rest!

The secret at sunset - Shari j Ryan - 4 stars

I want more Alexa and Lincoln!
This is a short read, but it’s just enough that I want to know more about these characters and what happens next for them.

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment