Tuesday, September 29, 2020

One Beautiful Promise ~ Layla Hagen ~ New Release & Review

Release Date: September 29

It all began in Rome…

I was supposed to show Cole the city, as a favor to a friend. I was aware of his reputation, a seductive charmer hellbent on bachelorhood, but I hadn't prepared for him to get past my defenses. Cole was nothing like the serious businessman I imagined. He was sinfully hot, funny and way too flirty for my broken heart. But, it was just vacation after all. I thought I'd never see him again.

Only I do.

Cole calls me the very day I return to New York. My residency has been my sole focus for the past few years—my passion and my refuge. 

I've loved and lost and I don't know how to open up again. But Cole is melting my fears with every kiss and touch, willing to move mountains to make me happy and help me heal. 

And what scares me the most? I might just let him.

Grab Your Copy Here:

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K7VBT5H
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K7VBT5H
Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08K7VBT5H
Amazon AU: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B08K7VBT5H


Elizabeth's Review


3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author


This was a light, fun read. 
Cole and Laney were both interesting characters, but I never felt like I knew them very well. For as much time as these two spent together, I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t more character development. 

This story was really carried by the interaction between Cole and Laney with his extended family (and her friends). It really seemed to be a book that was meant to position other characters in the series where they need to be for their stories to take off. There was so much room for this to be a more robust story, it felt as if a lot of potential conflict and other items were left on the table. 

I get that at this point, it sounds like I didn’t enjoy this book, but I did. I needed a light, fluffy read with likeable characters and Ms Hagan delivered with that here. I’ve read Ms Hagan before, but not this whole series. I am curious about both the prior books and what is to come. 
 
Meet Layla Hagen
Welcome! My name is Layla Hagen and I am a Contemporary Romance author.
I fell in love with books when I was nine years old, and my love affair with stories continues even now, many years later. I write romantic stories and can't wait to share them with the world. And I drink coffee. Lots of it :-D

I am represented by Louise Fury (The Bent Agency)

Connect with Layla:


Hosted By:


No comments:

Post a Comment