Saturday, January 16, 2021

Review Round Up ~ January 16


Coming Soon/New Releases:

The Forever Girl (Wildstone, #6)The Forever Girl by Jill Shalvis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

Shalvis has done it again..... The Town of Wildstone has a habit of providing much need healing with a touch of romance and The Forever Girl is one more example of this heart warming habit.

Our cast consists of four foster siblings and the small supporting cast of child, friend, and fiancé. Cat uses her upcoming wedding to bring her three foster siblings home after and extended separation. The results of this reunion are not what anyone expected. Cat, Walker, and Maze are the three characters we hear from most in this well written story about a family made by choice.

This is a story that pulled me in and had me rooting for the characters as they figured out how to face the past, heal the hurts, and look to the future. While all of these characters has some rough edges, I found myself liking most of them (Dillion was the one I wasn’t ever sure about) and really hoping they could fix things to have a happily ever after. After seeing how things worked out for Maze and Walker, I am very curious to learn more about Jace, Heather, and what did Cat do next. I hope Ms Shalvis will give us more with these characters in future Wildstone books. 

Amazon  


TBR READS:


Wild Highway (Runaway, #2)Wild Highway by Devney Perry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a friend

Review Copy Purchased

Runaway Road, the first book in this series, was a breath of fresh air read for me, so I have been looking forward to reading this installment, Wild Highway.

Here, we see Gemma take a journey that is part physical and part emotional. We see her reconnect with and old friend and a former flame. Easton (the former flame) plays a role, especially in helping Gemma face some her old wounds, but this is really her story.

This is well written and emotional without being over the top dramatic. Ms Perry pulled me in and had me invested in seeing how Gemma faces her battles and embraces the chance for change. I appreciated the way the romantic relationship and Gemma’s emotional evolution were woven together and helped moved each other forward.


Yes, this is a series and the books are connected, but the characters here are independent of those in Runaway Road. Warning if you decide to read the series out of order, there are comments that let you know how the previous characters are doing, not spoiler level, but you know how the story ends. One key player in the small, but impactful, secondary cast here - Katherine- will have a staring role in the third book of this series and I can’t wait to read it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment