Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Review Round Up ~ October 27



New Release:


Billionaire Ever AfterBillionaire Ever After by Jessica Lemmon

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

Billionaire Ever After wraps up the stories of the Owen Brothers, with Archer. We've seen him as a secondary character in the first two books, so it was great to see him get the staring role here.

Archer is paired with Talia, a strong woman working to make her life better. It was fun to see their professional/friendship take a surprising turn and then develop into more. I enjoyed getting to know both of these characters. Archer had a great softer side that hadn't been revealed previously and Talia had a great mix of being family focused and independent.

Ms Lemmon did an excellent job of balancing telling Archer and Talia's story with wrapping up the stories of the Owen Brothers. Nate, Benji, and their significant others played key secondary roles, but added just the right amount of flavor to this story. Readers who have followed the series will be glad to see everyone, but new readers who don't mind a few potential spoilers could easily start here too.

Home for a Cowboy ChristmasHome for a Cowboy Christmas by Donna Grant

3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

This is a sweet holiday read with just a litte spice and a dash of intrigue.
Emmy and Dwight are a great pair and it was a pleasure to get to know them and see their interactions. Ms Grant created an environment that allowed these two to bond and develop a friendship (and more) that neither expected.
Home for a Cowboy Christmas is a fast paced read that I didn't want to put down until we knew what was going to happen next!
2 things kept this from being a full four star read for me.
1) The big conflict scene - while I know this is fiction, but this was just far enough outside the realm of realastic that I struggled with it.
2) This book isn't really as long as it looks! There is a short story at the end, so as I was reading I could tell that we were approaching a key point in the story, but my kindle was telling me I was at 60% of the book. It was a bit confusion until I reached the end oand discovered the short story. It was a bit disappointing as I wanted more of Emmy and Dwight!

No comments:

Post a Comment