Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Review Round Up ~ December 28



New or Newer Releases:

Watching Over You (McKenzies of Ridge Trail #3)Watching Over You by Lori Foster

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

Watch Over You is the final book in the series surrounding the McKenzie siblings and while I feel like the book “did it’s job” in giving Madison a story, I didn’t feel like it was as dynamic as the previous books in the series.

As the final book in the trilogy, Watch Over You also seemed to rely heavily on the previous two books for set up and backstory. The timeline here is sequential to the previous books and the assumption appears to be that if you are reading this book then you have read the others as well.

I enjoyed seeing a softer side to Madison. Her interactions with Crosby were entertaining and surprisingly sweet, but again, I felt like opportunities were missed in exploring the conflict between how they do things.

Overall, this was a book I enjoyed, but didn’t love. I would definitely suggest a reader start with one of the other books in this series before reading this one.

Amazon


TBR Reads:   



My rating: 4 of 5 stars - WouldRecommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

I have been on a mission recently to get caught up with the Jamison Valley series and was curious to see where Maisy’s story would take us. Maisy is a secondary character that had a fairly significant role in the first book of the series and has been a consistent presence since.

There are strong ties between the story here and Maisy’s past, so I do think this is a book best read if you’ve (at least) read the Coppersmith Farmhouse. If that isn’t possible, don’t worry - Ms Perry does an excellent job of pulling everything together for you!

I don’t want to give anything away, but I will say that I enjoyed getting to know the more mature Maisy. There are twists and turns that I didn’t expect, including an air of mystery around her live interest.

If you are reading the series in order, you will be excited to see what old friends are doing now.


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Received as a "free" subscriber read

I have been curious about Kendall Ryan’s Hot Jocks for w while, so when this popped up as a free read, I jumped at the chance to dive in.
I was a little worried because this is book 5 in the series, but it totally worked as a stand alone. My guess is that the leads here (Landon and Aubree) have been secondary characters in previous books, but not knowing that going in didn’t detract from their story at all.
 
This was a fun and fairly quick read. Both main characters are easy to like and I appreciated the way the handled their unique situation. The secondary cast is fairly large, but it works - there is a good balance between the primary couple and their story along with the sub/friend plot lines.
Reading this has just made me more curious about the rest of the series!

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

When I realized that The Candle Palace was Sara and Milo’s story, I wondered how that was going to work - they have been consistent secondary characters in this series for a while. I loved the way Ms Perry pulled it off!

Milo and Sara have a great story about seeing past first impressions to the person with in and finding the right person at the right time. I loved getting to see their bond form and how it flourished even when things worked against them.

The Candle Palace was an excellent conclusion to the Jamison Valley series. My only regret is that the series is over!

*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment