Thursday, December 9, 2021

Review Round Up ~ December 9



New or Newer Releases:



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this up as a free read and I am so glad I did!
It’s a quick read, but Holly (and Nick) are super cute characters.
Her interactions with her sisters were hilarious and I would love to see where their stories go.

Amazon

TBR Reads:   


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review Copy Purchased

This is the 4th book in the Jamison Valley series that I’ve read in the last couple of weeks. Based on the ending of book three (the Lucky Heart), I had a rough idea of who the characters here would be and Ms Perry did not disappoint in her story telling.

I appreciated the emotional growth Sabrina went through over the course of her time at The Outpost. I also enjoyed the interactions she had with Beau as they became friends and decided if they should explore more.

This is a series I have grown to love and I am a bit disappointed that there are only 2 more books to go. Having read some of Ms Perry’s other works first, it was fun to see characters from those books pop up here.

Amazon



My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Average Read

Purchased for "Free"

This is a box set that I picked up for free made up of first books in 5 distinct series.
To be honest, none of these really did it for me - I think some of it might be that this author just isn't my cup of tea.

Sir loin of beef - 2.5
There’s a story here? If there is, I had a hard time finding it. There is no character development and minimal plot, but lots of sexy time, esp given that this as a very short “book”

Montana Heat - 3
This was more my speed. I liked Jane and TY. Decent amount of intrigue and relationship building.

Mountain Darkness 2.5
Decent plot, but random cliffhanger ending! Very little character development. This is a ménage story and to be honest, I kept getting distracted by practical/legal issues. How would the community react to a triad relationship, how would they do some of the things they wanted to do (like get married and have kids).

Cowboys and kisses - 2.5
Ugh…. There is nothing historical about this book except the setting. The leading lady set my teeth on edge with her sheer bratty behavior.
Decent plot, but this is a modern/sexy times read set in the old west.

Ride me dirty-3
This story is similar to Sir Loin of Beef, but has much better story telling. I found the characters to be entertaining and the plot interesting if slightly unresolved.

View all my reviews
*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment