Monday, January 10, 2022

Review Round Up ~ January 10



New or Newer Releases:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

In The Family You Make, we meet the town of Sunrise Cove (set near Lake Tahoe), the Cutler Family, Jane Parks, and a small group of the doctors and nurses who make up the community’s emergency services.

The focus here is on Jane and Levi (who meet under less than ideal circumstances) and Charlotte and Mateo (neighbors and coworkers).

It was entertaining as well as heartwarming to watch these two couples navigate the roadblocks to becoming the people they are meant to be.

Ms Shalvis once again used humor to tackle some serious issues and gave us a community that I am glad to have met and am looking forward to getting to know better.


Amazon


TBR Reads:   



My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy picked up as a free Read

Holy cliffhanger batman!
Yes, when you dive into this book, be prepared for a cliffhanger, but the story is worth it.
Jack and Darcy are interesting characters who are easy to like. The paranormal aspects of their story are fascinating and I enjoyed watching them form their bond and seeing how things played out from each point of view.
I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the conclusion to the story!

Amazon   


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

I have a confession to make….
I read the first two Bellamy Creek books and loved them, then I got bogged down and missed the last two books. I still haven’t read book 3 (Enzo), but was glad to get caught up with Beckett here.

Beckett is a secondary character I remember meeting, but he was a bit of a mystery man. It was nice to get to know who he really is and discover that I really liked him too.
He is paired with Maddie (a high school friend/crush 15 years later). I liked her as well and enjoyed seeing their friendship blossom.

One of the things I enjoy about Ms Harlow and her writing is that she incorporates timely social issues into her stories in a way that shows the strengths of her characters. That is definitely true in the case of Beckett and Maddie.

If you have been following the Bellamy Creek series, you will be thrilled to catch up on the 4 friends central to the series. Don’t worry, if you are new to the series this will work as a stand alone too!

Amazon


View all my reviews 
 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment