Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Review Round Up ~ January 26



New or Newer Releases:


3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

This was a fun, sweet read.

Based on how things started, I expected Max and Kendall to have a bit of an enemies to lovers interaction, but both characters are just too nice for that to happen.

I enjoyed getting to see Kendall and Max get to know each other. The semi isolated setting was perfect for the real people to shine through and I found myself rooting for them to find a way to have a happy ending.

There are a couple of twists to the story that were unexpected and that kept things from being trite. We see a few tidbits from Max’s brother Issac that have me curious about his story and I hope to see that soon!

Amazon

TBR Reads:   



My rating: 5 of 5 stars - One of the Best

Review Copy Purchased

My first 5 star read of 2022.
I do have to say that this book wasn’t exactly what I expected based on the blurb.I was expecting something dark and instead found a story that was hopeful and sweet.

Damian and Stella are both interesting characters that come together in an unexpected way. It was fun to watch their initial interactions and the evolution of their relationship. I don’t want to give anything away, but I will say that I appreciated how these characters were the balance to what the other needed and they helped each other grow.
There are important messages here about self esteem, self care, and learning what internal messages to give importance too.

The one thing that this book doesn’t touch on, but I am incredibly curious about, is how Damian ended up in the foster care system to begin with. Based on flashbacks and ages, I have guesses, but would have loved to know the real story.

Western Waves is the third book in the Compass series, I have not read the first two books, but that did not hinder my enjoyment here at all. I am curious about the other books in the series- mainly because I enjoyed this one so much!

Amazon   


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

This was an entertaining, semi light hearted follow up to the Lasaran. This picks up almost where The Lasaran left off and tells the story of what happened to Eliana after they were attacked.

The first part of the book has a fairly high tension level smooths out as the action continues. I enjoyed seeing the interactions between Eliana, Dagon, and his crew.

I do wish there had been a little revealed about what happened to some of the other missing women, but I have a feeling those details are in book 3 of the series.



*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment