Wednesday, September 28, 2022

The Donor by Brenda Rothert ~ New Release & Review


"I want your sperm.”

Those were Shelby Grant’s first words to me. Didn’t even want me to buy her a drink first. See, Shelby isn’t like other women. After researching Denver’s most eligible bachelors in search of her ideal sperm donor, she chose me.

As a pro hockey player, I’m used to women wanting things from me, but my swimmers? That’s a new one. Somehow, though, with her color-coded parenting plan, sales pitch, and contract, Shelby sells me on the idea. After my donation, she doesn’t want anything more to do with me.

I can’t seem to stay away, though. As her belly grows and I get to know the tightly wound mom-to-be, I get attached.

Shelby’s jaded about men and I’m not looking to settle down. There are countless reasons why crossing the contractual line between us is a bad idea.

But once Shelby gives birth to our child, all bets are off. Whether I planned for it or not, I have a family now, and I’m not letting go without a fight.

Elizabeth's Review

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend


Review Copy Provided by Author


Brenda Rothert and a hockey book? Sign me up!
The Donor isn’t your typical hockey book as very little of the action takes place on the ice. I would call this more of a book where the male lead happens to play hockey.

Beau and Shelby have a meet cute that’s probably one of the more unique out there. I enjoyed getting to meet these two and see them evolve from their odd initial encounter to friends and more. In appreciated the “playboy” hockey player had to work for Shelby’s attention.

As the first book in a new series, there is some ground work being done here, but that world building is seamless to the remaining story. I left The Donor curious about what’s next for Beau and Shelby, the larger Fox family, and the hockey team too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment