Thursday, October 13, 2022

Merging Wright by L.B. Dunbar ~ New Release & Review

It takes a village, or in the case of this jaded silver fox, he needs a wife to save one. 





MERGING WRIGHT



Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3aXpf49 


Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3b4Cu3c 


Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/3xo4I04 


Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/3NWDKUy 


#KindleUnlimited



Goodreads TBR: https://bit.ly/3b5efSr 


 


“I need you to marry me.”



Jane Fox


My boss cannot be serious. The ridiculously handsome man I hate-to-crush on has just proposed I pretend to be his wife for a funeral. A funeral! Only, when he dangles a much-coveted position in exchange for my time, I can’t refuse. Who am I kidding, though? I seem to have a habit of not saying no to Mr. Wright.


Machlan Wright


Things spiral out of control the second we reach my small town. A place I swore I’d never return has suddenly become my inheritance. As in, I’ve inherited an entire town! Only, there’s one condition: my hot, top executive pretending to be my wife must marry me for real. What could possibly go wrong? <insert sarcasm>


+++

Join Jane and Mach as they road trip to a lovely mountain town where memories haunt and relationships build. And it takes (the restoration of) a village for this marriage of convenience to question the past and change the future.


L.B. Dunbar brings you a second standalone in Road Trips & Romance. 


**Note, the Fox sisters are siblings of Garrett Fox from Wine&Dine, an original #sexysilverfox. 



Elizabeth's Review

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

Ms Dunbar has found her nitch in writing stories featuring over 40 couples, Merging Wright is another excellent example of two people finding the “right” one when they are more mature.

Jane (sister of Mae from Hauling Ashe) and Mach (her boss) have an angst filled working relationship when his past surfaces and forces him to ask for an unusual favor. This turned into an interesting vehicle for both Jane and Mach to do soul searching as they determine what they want in life.

There are parts of this book that I loved. Jane is a key part of that for me. Not only did she put herself “out there” for someone else, she also protected herself when she felt the need to. She is the definition of a strong woman who needs a safe place to land and is willing to make that for herself when needed.

As much as I loved pieces of the book, there were things I struggled with too. Mach was that character for me. There was an aggressiveness to him that went just a bit too far for me, but I think that is really a personal preference thing. Even though I struggled with Mach a little bit, his emotional journey helped make Merging Wright a solid reading experience.

Families play a big part of the secondary cast here. We see a bit more of Lindee, the youngest Fox sibling, and I am curious to meet her in the final book of this series. I would also like to know more about Myles, Mach’s twin brother.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment