Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Review Round Up ~ February 1




New(er) Releases:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

Ms Rose has done it again! She delivered an emotional and entertaining second chance story full of characters that you can’t help but like and root for!

Kristina is a secondary character that we’ve met before and it was nice to see her on the other side of the upheaval she had going on. I loved her initial interactions with Leo and the organic way a vacation connection turned toward more.

The emotional journeys of both characters (Kristina and Leo) were treated with respect and honesty. I appreciated how their respective pasts played a part in their story, but they both seemed to learn from previous mistakes. Add in a terrific secondary cast and this was a standalone read I couldn’t put down.

Amazon


Breaking All the RulesBreaking All the Rules by Amy Andrews

3.25 stars - Slightly Above Average

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

I enjoyed Breaking All The Rules and I even found myself relating to Bea, the female lead, to some extent, but this was a book that I just couldn’t quiet love.

We meet Bea when she moves to Credence at a cross roads. Her first interactions with Austin are truly funny. I appreciated how he was willing to meet her where she was and how their friendship turned into more slowly.

Both Bea and Austin are likeable characters, but I was a bit bothered by how she never opened up for him about who she really was. This made the emotional announcements on both there parts feel like a stretch for me.

Overall this was an entertaining book and I enjoyed meeting these characters and the town of Credence, but I would have liked a bit more in terms of Bea’s emotional growth.



 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment