Friday, February 24, 2023

Review Round Up ~ February 24




New(er) Releases:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided bu Publisher

Lucy Score is a newer to me author and after reading Things We Hide From the Light I can’t figure out why I haven’t read her before!

The story takes place in Knockemout - a small town not far outside the DC metro area. This is clearly a story that falls into a series as the previous book is frequently referenced. This works as a standalone as the needed references to the prior work are well explained.

Our lead characters are Sheriff Nash Morgan and insurance investigator, Lina. This interesting couple, with a 747 worth of baggage between them could set a forest on fire with the sparks between them! They are surrounded by an excellent and interesting secondary cast. All of this plus an intriguing story line pulled me in and wouldn’t let go.

I truly enjoyed getting to know the town of Knockemout and am curious to go back and read the story of Nash’s brother, Knox. I will also be on bated breath waiting to see if we come back to town!

Amazon 


The Dangerous One (Osborn Brothers #1)The Dangerous One by Lori Foster

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

Damaged, but healing describes our main characters Jodi and Hunter. Both were likeable and I found myself
rooting for them to have a happy ending, but I had a little bit of a hard time becoming invested in both of them.

I can’t quiet out my finger on what it was that kept me from falling into the story, but it consistently felt like I was looking at the characters and story through glass.

This is a classic Foster book with an alpha leading man and strong leading lady who find themselves in a bit of trouble. Previous leading characters make an appearance in secondary roles, but not knowing them will not distract from this stand alone story.

I would say this book did its job, with good characters and intrigue based plot line. There is also teasing about future roles for a few new secondary characters.

Amazon


View all my reviews  


 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment