Friday, April 20, 2018

Review Round Up

ARC Read

On the Line (Milwaukee Dragons, #1)On the Line by Liz Lincoln

3.5 Stars 🌟 - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy provided by Publisher via Net Galley

I really enjoyed this slightly different take on a football romance.
Seth is a single dad who has just signed with a new team in a new city and for the first time will need help from someone other than family in caring for his tween daughter.
Carrie is a middle school science teacher who lost her job due to budget cuts. When she runs out of teaching options and has her apartment sold out from under her, her brother connects her with his college friend who needs a nanny.
When the two meet they have no idea that that have already met....
It was incredibly entertaining to watch these two fight their attraction to each other in the effort to be professional. It was even more fun to watch them fall in love. I even appreciated that the relationship issues came from Seth trying to be a good dad.
Carrie and Seth are excellent characters and easy to like. I found myself rooting for them in this well written, fun, and sexy read.

Amazon

TBR PILE


Stay (Bleeding Stars, #5)Stay by A.L. Jackson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a book that has been lingering on my TBR for while and I’m so glad I finally made the time to read it. One note to fellow readers- don’t be intimidated by the fact that this is #5 in the Bleeding Stars series, as it’s a complete standalone. You do see characters from previous books, and their partners, but the focus here is on Ash and Willow.
Stay has all the hallmarks I’ve come to expect from the Bleeding Stars series. There is an Alpha/wounded hero, a sassy/stronger than she looks heroine, an amazing love story, and ANGST!
Very well written, Ms Jackson manages to break your heart and then put it back together again as we watch all of the things Ash and Willow have to go trough to find their happy endings.
This read just makes me want to read the rest of the series even more!

Amazon



 View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment