Thursday, May 24, 2018

Persuading Perfection by T.C. Matson ~ New Release and Review

Title: Persuading Perfection
Series: The Debonair Series #2
Author: TC Matson
Genre: Contemporary Romance (Stand alone)
Release Date: May 23, 2018

A new second chance STANDALONE.
A simple, secret affair with my brother’s best friend—that’s what it was supposed to be.
Zachary Calloway was the master of broken hearts and completely off limits.
Except his smooth talking sexy ways were irresistible, landing me in over my head.
Jade Lauder was supposed to be a secret. No one could ever know the times we shared.
Except here she stood with the biggest change in our lives.
Years of secrets will be revealed.
Years of heartache will come back to deliver a bitter sting.
Years of friendships will be demolished.
Years of lies will be exposed.
All for something we couldn’t deny.
The broken heart I never intended to give her stands between us. 
With no more secrets, it’s time to persuade her to give me a second chance.
A second chance at loving her…
And this time, I’m not letting go.


Elizabeth's Review


3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time


Review Copy Provided by Author


Before I get into the actual review for this book, I want to say that I LOVE the premise. I love the "taboo" aspect of Zach being in love with his best friend's younger sister and the idea that they couldn't be open about their feeling because of Max's protective instincts.

As much as I love the premise, I have mixed feelings about the execution.
What I loved: Zach's devotion to Jade and the work he's willing to put into convincing her a real relationship can happen between them. Ms. Matson did an excellent job of delving into the emotional complexities that come from a long term "secret" relationship and the hurt feelings that come from multiple parties. I found it interesting how Jade's family hadn't realized what was going on and their hurt reactions to it.
My frustration: Jade. I had a hard time connecting with her as a character. She came across as somewhat immature and self absorbed. She focused so much on how Zach had hurt her over time, that she couldn't see anything from his point of view. That attitude left a sense of repetitiveness to the story as Jade and Zach were having the same arguments multiple times without resolution.

Overall, the things I loved about the story outweighed my frustrations. I was glad to see Ms Matson provide closure for the Zach/Max friendship as well as the romantic relationship between Zach and Jade. This is a stand alone work, but if you have read the first in the Debonair series, you will be glad to see glimpses of Easton, Zoey, and where they are now. I am looking forward to seeing what happens next for this crew in Max's story!


“Dreaming in Reality…You dream in reality when you pick up a book and get lost in it. In my writing, I strive to take you to a place where reality and fantasy become a blurry line. Everything should be relatable. It could happen…couldn’t it?” ~ TC Matson TC Matson loves to let her character’s voices be heard. With a head full of stories, she puts her keyboard through a beating daily. With an understanding that love isn’t always instant and full of flowers—her writing mirrors it. She’s a romance junkie at heart and an avid reader. Add those two together and she will devour books within hours, getting lost in the world the author creates. Matson resides in the peaceful Piedmont area of NC with her husband and three boys, where staying hopped up on caffeine is the key to her sanity. Chaos is indefinite and a sense of humor is an absolute must.

HOSTED BY:



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment