Saturday, August 31, 2019

Review Round Up ~ August 31


We have two ARC reviews for you this week - Enjoy! 

ARCS


The Truth About CowboysThe Truth About Cowboys by Lisa Renee Jones

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by publisher via Net Galley

A stormy night, a isolated country road, a single woman on her way to a new life - the last thing she expects is to meet the cowboy who will change everything!

The Truth About Cowboys is an entertaining read. Jessica and Jason are a couple that on the surface don’t belong together and spend a good portion of the story needling each other as they form an unexpected friendship that has potential for more. Add in baggage from past relationships, a match making granny, and a fun secondary cast and this is winning recipe. The characters are engaging, their actions/reactions authentic, and I found myself rooting for them.

Ms Jones is a new author for me and after reading this book, I will definitely be reading more. My one “complaint” if you can call it that - is the fact that the fictional town in the story borrows it’s name from a real place that I am familiar with. I struggled a little with getting into the story because i kept looking for the real town in the setting. Once I was able to let that go, it was easier to focus on the content of the story.

Amazon


 Claiming Her Curves: A billionaire romance, Blake & Pippa's story (Irresistible Curves Book 2)Claiming Her Curves: A billionaire romance, Blake & Pippa's story by Christa Wick

My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Average Read

Review Copy Provided by Author

This was a quick, entertaining read.
Blake and Pippa are both interesting characters, but we only get to see the very surface of who they are due to the length of the book.

Blake’s manipulation of the situation to get what he wanted romantically from Pippa came across as sweet, but it walked a fine line toward being creepy.

This is also an example of where dual POV isn’t used to its best advantage. Most of the story is from Pippa’s point of view, with just one or two segments from Blake’s POV. The switch serves a purpose, just seems odd.

Overall, this is a book with an interesting premise and good message, but I needed more in terms of execution.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment