Friday, November 12, 2021

Review Round Up ~ November 12



New or Newer Releases:



The Boy I Shouldn't Want: The All American Boy SeriesThe Boy I Shouldn't Want: The All American Boy Series by Stephanie Rose

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

Stephanie Rose is a go to author for me, so The Boy I Shouldn't Want was a book I actually pre ordered (something I normally don't do) and I am so glad I did!

This is a quick, novella length read, so there isn't all of the normal character development I would expect from Ms Rose. She still does a great job of crafting characters in Sadie and Mason that are likeable and easy to root for.

I appreciated the fact that the conflict in the story was layered with issues that couple really face. Some of them may have been bigger in Sadie's head than they really were, but....
The Boy I Shouldn't Want was definitely a fun read and while part of The All American Boy series, it stood on its own while making me curious about the other books and authors in the series.

Amazon


Only One Regret (Only One, #5)Only One Regret by Natasha Madison

3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Purchased

This was a fun entertaining read focusing on generation 3 of the Stone/Grant families.
I loved the emotional stand point of two friends discovering that maybe just maybe they are meant to be more.
The thing that kept this from being a full 4 star read for me was some of the sexy time. There was a lot of it, so much that there were some scenes where I started skimming vs reading…. And some of the descriptions didn’t seem realistic.
I know that is a taste/preference thing, but it was real for me.
I do enjoy this series and am curious to see where it goes next.

Amazon


Neanderthal (Last Man Standing #2)Neanderthal by Avery Flynn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

After reading Mama’s Boy, I knew I needed to see what happened to Griff and Nash and I’m so glad I grabbed Neanderthal!

Griff is a fantastic leading man with so many more layers than he seems to have when we first meet him in Mama’s Boy. It was so fun to see him willing tumble and willing “lose the bet.” There are also pieces of this story that tugged at my heart strings as we got to know Griff better. These things made me love him even more.

Kinsey was the perfect counterpoint to Griff! I loved the idea of a heroine who was smart, sassy, and beautiful too. Her struggles to find her place in a male dominated field rang true and her solution were nothing if not unique.

With an excellent secondary cast, this was a truly fun (and slightly emotional) read and has me very intrigued for the third book, Nash.

Amazon


TBR Reads:   


Whiskey MoonWhiskey Moon by Winter Renshaw

3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Purchased

Solid Second chance romance with a dash of suspense.
I found myself liking Blair and the taciturn Wyatt. The glimpse of them at 18 in the prologue helped make the story flow well and helped make the second chance story that much better.
A solid secondary cast added flavor, but the side stories did not overwhelm the Blair/Wyatt story. I find curious about the other books in this series.

Amazon



Dotted Lines (Runaway, #5)Dotted Lines by Devney Perry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a friend

Review Copy Purchased

This was a fantastic conclusion to the Wild Highway series.
The restored Cadillac that features in each book has led us on many adventures and it was sweet to see the story wrap up with Clara and Karson.
Ms Perry did an excellent job of balancing the weight of the series conclusion with telling us the love story between Clara and Karson.
I’ve truly enjoyed getting to know each set of characters and am a little sad to see the series end!

*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment