Friday, November 19, 2021

Review Round Up ~ November 19



New or Newer Releases:


The Sky In Summer (Lyon Family #4)The Sky In Summer by Leslie Pike

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

We have met the Lyon family periodically and have seen the siblings support each other over the years. In this installment, we get to spend time with youngest brother, Van.
Van, Layla, and their supporting cast were all fun to get to know. I enjoyed the evolutions of the characters, even when I found myself shaking my head at the obliviousness they were dealing with.
While the books in this series are technically stand alones, they work much better if read in order as the books build on each other. After seeing winter, spring, and summer - I am very curious to see what Fall has to bring with the story of the final Lyon sibling, Aragon.

Amazon



TBR Reads:   


The Clash of Yesterday (Chronicles of the Stone Veil #0.5)The Clash of Yesterday by Sawyer Bennett

My rating: 4 of 5 stars- Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

Having read the Chronicles of the Stone Veil, this was a fun novella to read. Eliana and Ronan are not characters that you are in the full Chronicles, but the time lines coincide.
This was a quick and entertaining glimpse in the the world of the Light Fae and I would be very curious to see more little glimpses like this into this world.

Amazon   



My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

This is a book that has been on my TBR for a while as Ms Perry was pretty much done publishing this series by the time I discovered her as an author.
What was I waiting for?

The Coppersmith Farmhouse introduces to not only Gigi and her daughter, Rowen, but the town of Prescott as well.
I enjoyed the small town feel and getting to know Georgia and Roe. The mother/daughter trio was paired with town Sheriff, Jess. He was a character I wasn’t sure I liked at first, but he grew on me!

With a good balance of world building, intrigue, and romance this is a book that pulled me in and made it hard to put down. I am curious to see what happens next in the valley!


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Purchased

I am catching up on Devney Perry's back list and loved the first Jamison Valley book, so of course I jumped right into book 2.

Nick was a character I remember meeting in The Coppersmith Farmhouse, but I will be honest and say he didn't make a huge impression. My jaw about hit the floor when I realized who he was and just who his family (secondary characters here) is..... Let's just saw it was a good surpsise!

I enjoyed getting to know Nick and Emmeline (Emmy) here. Their meet cute and reconnection were both awesome and they were entertaining characters that I couldn't help but root for. Ms Perry did a great job of balancing the romantic and intrique story lines so that everything felt fresh and there were definite twists I didn't see coming.

The Clover Chapel is a stand alone read, but it is sequential in timing to the first book in the series. If you don't mind spoilers, you could easily start here, but there are references that will make more sense if you read the series in order. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what happens next in the valley!

 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment