Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Review Round Up ~ November 30



New or Newer Releases:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would recommend to a friend

Review Copy Purchased

Cloverleigh Farms generation 2 starts with a bang as we meet the grown up version of Winnie (Mack’s youngest) and her grumpy neighbor Dex.

If you’ve read the first set of Cloverleigh books, there are some similarities between this story and Mack &
Frannie’s, but don’t think this is a repeat, it’s not!

I genuinely liked Winnie and Dex. They both come with baggage, but she is much more set aware even though she is significantly younger. It was fun watching Dex work through his issues, especially when his daughters decided to help things along.

As this is a generation 2 book, there is a lot of crossover to the original cast of characters. If you have read the first set of books, you will be glad to see where everyone is now. If you are new to the series, be prepared for a larger secondary cast, but they are not distracting from the key story. I am curious to see if there will be more generation 2 books!

Amazon


TBR Reads:   



3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Purchased as a "free" read

Ms Arend is an author I’ve read and enjoyed before, so when this popped up a free read in her newsletter, I grabbed it.

James and Kaylee made for a great, quick read. There is just enough back story to appreciate what’s going on, but not a lot to get bogged down in. My one “complaint” about this book is that there are several points where I would have liked to have a little more detail behind what was going on.

Overall, this read fit my mood today. I wanted light and this delivered. I am curious to see what happens with James’ brothers.


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

This is my third Jamison Valley book in just a couple of weeks (yay for catching up on TBR reads!) and I’m so glad I joined Felicity and Silas for their story!

After meeting Felicity earlier in the series, I wasn’t sure I was going to like her in the romantic heroine role. Ms Perry did an excellent job of peeling back Felicity’s layer and letting us see what was behind her feelings and struggles. Her personal/emotional growth was refreshing and had me rooting for her to find happiness.

Silas is a character I’ve enjoyed meeting before and it was a pleasure to get to know him better here.

This is a layered story that tackles several different issues. The approach worked well here and the various threads came together in such a way to keep the story moving. I am definitely curious to see what happens to Sabrina (a secondary character introduced here) in The Outpost.

*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment