Thursday, July 14, 2022

Review Round Up ~ July 14





TBR Reads:   


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a friend

Review copy purchased for "Free"

This is a book I picked up when it was free and it’s been lingering in my TBR for a while…. What in the heck took me so long?
 
When we meet Chase and Maddie they are 6 months post break up. She twists herself up to please people and he’s unapologetic about his less than stellar attitude. Ms Shen takes them on a bit of a twisting and turning ride where both get to evolve into better versions of themselves. I appreciated the fact that both Maddie and Chase grew during the story and that they helped each other get there, even if it wasn’t always willingly.
 
The Devil Wears Black is an entertaining enemies to lovers read with dynamic characters and a layered story that absolutely pulled me in.

Amazon




My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Average Read

Review Copy was purchased for Free

This book has been on my TBR for a while and I picked it up randomly as I try to clear things out a bit.
I went in a bit blind.

Schooled did it’s job as it is an entertaining read, but I don’t think I am necessarily the target audience.
At 20 and 21, Lex and Dylan had a lot of unnecessary drama and some of the situations they are in just don’t seem realistic - especially after living through business school myself.

This is a young adult read for a young adult audience.

Amazon   


My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Average Read

Review Copy Received for free/gift

This is an entertaining and quick read. I found myself enjoying Lorali and Ian even if their character development was fairly surface level.
The plot was also a bit simplistic and driven by the main characters physical relationship. If you are looking for light/escape read this would fit the bill.

***As I write this review, I feel the need to point out that this book was published in 2015 and I read it in 2022… I’m sure that as much as I have evolved as a reader over the last seven years, I am sure the author has also matured and honed their craft.

Amazon


View all my reviews
 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment