Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Review Round Up ~ January 4



TBR Reads:

Game On (Out of Bounds, #1)Game On by Tracy Solheim

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review copy purchased for free

This is a slightly older book that I recently picked up for free and it’s by a newer to me author. I enjoyed Carly and Shane but I felt like Carly didn’t quite live up to her tough girl persona.

Shane had an excellent emotional evolution, but I felt like it took a lot for him to get there and it bothered me a little what Carly was willing to except in the meantime. It spoke to her generosity, but I would have appreciated a little more back bone.
While this was a decent blend of intrigue, angst, and romance, there were places were it felt repetitive.

This is the first book in the series, but the world building around the Blaze was somewhat limited. I am slightly curious to see where the series might go.

Amazon


Wood You Knot (Cinnamon Bay)Wood You Knot by J.C. Hannigan

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Purchased

J C Hannigan is an author I have read and enjoyed before, so I was excited to see a new book from her.
Wood You Knot is a sweet story about finding yourself and making new connections with old friends.

Sage and her daughter, Daphne, move to Cinnamon Bay to start over with help from extended family. This brings them into the path of Sage’s teenage crush, Nix.

All of the characters here, including the town, are likeable and people I would want to spend more time with. I appreciated the way Sage and Daphne were adopted by the whole community. Told in dual point of view, we had the opportunity to see the journey from old friends to more from both Sage’s and Nix’s perspectives. This made me root for them even more.

There is a fairly large secondary cast within the Cinnamon Bay community, so I am curious if there will be more stories here!

Amazon



 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment