Thursday, June 16, 2016

Into the Tomorrows by Whitney Barbetti ~ New Release & Review


I was born in sadness, which was just the beginning of a solemn and desolate life. I'm no stranger to pain—none of us are. The night I held my best friend's hand as she died, I understood true agony. And I never thought I'd feel happiness again.

But that was so long ago...

Moving to Colorado to be with Colin, my high school sweetheart, was the perfect way to start over and rekindle what had begun to fizzle. I wanted that spark to ignite, to burn in passion and desire. Instead, I found myself falling for Jude, my boyfriend's roommate. He’s the only person who understands my soul, who can breach the walls I’ve built. But I can't have him.

Because I'm Trista Kohl, and my destiny is sorrow.

Goodreads ~ Amazon



Elizabeth's Review


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Review copy provided by Author


Ms. Barbetti is an author I've been hearing about, but haven't read before now. I have to admit that gave me some pause going into this story because I knew it was a "part 1" book and I'm not a big fan of cliffhangers. The good news is that while the story of Trista, the heroine, is not complete - Into the Tomorrows is a complete book with a solid ending.

I enjoyed Into the Tomorrows, but didn't love it. I often found Trista frustrating and her "boyfriend" Cole irritating. Roommate Jude and his sister, Mila, added an odd dynamic to what was obviously a strained situation.

After reading the book and knowing about Trista's history, some of her more frustrating characteristics make sense and it becomes easier to root for her as she deals with the fear and uncertainty she is facing.

Even with being able to embrace Trista, I'm not sure this story needs to be told in two parts (but, I won't be able to say for sure until reading book 2.) There were several scenes that felt repetitive, and one of the "bomb shell" issues revealed toward the end of the book had been telegraphed pretty clearly.

I know all of that sounds pretty negative and I really don't mean to take away from the book because I did like it. Even with the things I didn't love, there is an under lying message about having a sense of self and looking to yourself for completeness instead of looking to other people. There is even a good message about how "love" should look. I am curious to see what happens next for Trista.

View all my reviews


Make sure you get this while it is STILL #99cents! Also, you can read it for #FREE with #KindleUnlimited #1Click #tentguy #ITT

No comments:

Post a Comment