Saturday, June 11, 2016

Only For Him ~ Cristin Haber ~ Review



Grayson Ford and Emma Kinglsey—close since they were kids, opposites in every way. He’s the stuff high school crushes are made of, Mister Popular, and captain of every team. She’s artsy, cute, and not in his league, though fully aware of Summerland’s "I Dream of Dating Grayson Ford" support group. I can’t say no. The girl’s had my heart since before I knew it went missing. He hides a life of hell. His father hates him, his mother’s gone. Emma is his only savior, yet she doesn’t know her power over him. She’s the only girl he wants, the only one he could ever tell—though he won’t. I’m stronger, bigger, more of a man than he’ll ever be, but because I ruined his life, I’ve taken his crap, his attacks, the vulgar nature of his existence. Until she discovers Gray’s embarrassment, his humiliation. Emma fights for him, for a chance. Theirs is a Cinderella story that she believes impossible. But as the layers peel back, it’s just a guy who needs a girl in order to keep breathing. My mind is already doodling Mrs. Grayson Ford in imaginary notebooks. He has no clue where my head is at… But, given that I didn’t see what just happened coming, maybe I have no clue where his head is at either.

Goodreads ~ Amazon (free)

Elizabeth's Review


3.5 stars - Worth  a Reader's Time


Well written story that introduces a series. Definitely a story that leans toward the YA end as our characters are 18 for the majority of the time we see them, but there is just a little steam. Both characters are likable and you root for them.
My complaint - the fact that this story is broken up into 4 novella length pieces at $3 piece. I picked up the first installment for free and read it in about an hour. Had this been a preview for a full length novel, I definitely would have considered getting it. They way it is set up, I probably won't because while I enjoyed it, I didn't enjoy it enough to pay $10 to finish it the story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment