Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Two New Releases.....

Just Say Yes (Escape to New Zealand, #10)Just Say Yes by Rosalind James

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

This series.... I am at a loss as to how to explain it, but I just love this series!
Just Say Yes, our tenth (YIKES!) journey into the world of the All Blacks with Ms. James and spending time with Kevin and Chloe was like spending time with old friends.
Kevin is a character that we've met several times in the series, but haven't gotten to know terribly well until now. Chloe is a retired ballerina turned teacher/single mom. What starts as a potentially adversarial relationship - Kevin is Chloe's new landlord and needs her apartment for his brother's family - blossoms into a friendship and then so much more.
Ms. James has a unique style to her writing, especially the Escape to New Zealand stories. Each book is a stand alone effort, but they are all connected via the fantastic, stand-up heros that are the All Black rugby players. Chloe is a strong female character that you can't help but like and her little boy, Zavy, is so darn cute.
After 10 books, you would think a series would start to get stale, but Ms. James continues to find fresh stories to tell and I hope the trend continues.

Amazon ~ Kindle Unlimited


Guarding Mr. Fine (Tough Love, #3)Guarding Mr. Fine by HelenKay Dimon

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by publisher via Net Galley

This book is one that I enjoyed because I have read the stories that came before it and enjoyed seeing the series continue - if this book stood completely on its own, I'm not sure I could have gone all the way to 3.5 stars.
This is a good story and I really enjoyed Seth and Rick, but there is a lot of back story and secondary characters that would almost seem out of place if you tried to start the series here.
Definitely a well written and fun book that is fast paced with a nice intrigue level. One of my favorite things - Seth and Rick build a relationship in addition to the spicy bedroom moments.

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment