Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Exception ~ Adriana Locke

Today's review started out as a group read, but I was so pulled in that I finished it way ahead of time. Have any of you read The Exception? Tell me what you think...


There are exceptions to every rule... Jada Stanley is starting over--freeing herself from her past and all her mistakes. Following the rules she's given herself is easy enough, until she meets HIM. He’s gorgeous, cocky, and everything she needs to avoid, but that’s easier said than done. Cane Alexander has his own set of rules, a plan to keep his life simple and free of complications. But Jada is a temptation he can't resist. As their lives entwine, they realize one thing about rules... There is always an exception.

Elizabeth's Review


4 Stars - Would Definitely Recommend to a Friend

I discovered Adriana Locke's work earlier this year when I read Sacrifice and loved it, so I was curious to go back and read the work she published earlier. A group read got me going with The Exception and at first I stuck with the schedule, but it didn't take long for Cane and Jada to pull me in and I couldn't be satisfied with just a few chapters a day.
When we meet Jada, she is recovering from a bad marriage and Cane is the exact last thing she is looking for in her life. If you look up dominate and controlling in the dictionary, you would find Cane Alexander. I truly enjoyed these characters.
Jada is a strong female character who doesn't seem to get just how strong she is. I loved her and how she's worked to resist Cane's advances. Cane was a bit of an enigma. I really felt that his initial attraction and pursuit of Jada was as much because she said no as attraction and watching that change was so fun. The story telling in The Exception was fantastic. Not only is there a great romance between two fantastic characters, there is also suspense and mystery. Ms. Locke does a great job of balancing the elements of the story. The feelings expressed by both Cane and Jada seem realistic for people with their histories and you could relate to what they were going through. There is a small, but fantastic supporting characters and I am looking forward to getting to read the companion books to The Exception. This is definitely an incredible debut novel and I can't wait to see what Ms.Locke comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment