Friday, July 14, 2017

TBR Reads

The schedule (and a couple of unforseen events) mean that I've had a little extra time to read, so I was able to sneak in a couple of books from my TBR. Check out the reviews below, there may be a hidden gem you need to add to your own To-be read pile!

  Wings Over Poppies (Over, #2)Wings Over Poppies by J.A. DeRouen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a book that has lingered on he TBR list for a long time even though I've been wanting to read it. Now that I've had the chance all I can say is that I am kicking myself for waiting so long.
Just like the other books in the Over series, Alex and West have some serious issues to deal with and the path to do that is rocky and emotional.
Ms DeRouen does an excellent job of showing how the connection between these two grew and survived a separation for them to have a second chance. She also painted Alex in such a way that her dedication to West was heartwarming (and at times heartbreaking) without making Alex seem desperate or weak. West's character was more complicated and the fact that he remained likeable speaks to the author's talent for crafting the story.
Having read the other books in the Over series, it was interesting to see the other main characters from an outsiders point of view - especially knowing how their stories play out.
While this is part of a series, it very definitely stands alone. If you are new to JA DeRouen's work, this would be a solid place to start. But, take my word for it - you will want to read all the words!

Amazon (Kindle Unlimited)


Her Bear to Hold (Second Chance Shifters)Her Bear to Hold by Meredith Clarke
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a cute, super fast read that I picked up for free. It was perfect for something in between longer reads.
Part of series this can be read on its own. Trinity and Mika are sweet together in a case of high school crush turn insta-love.
This was a 3 star read for me strictly because of length. The book really isn't long enough for much character or plot development- things that would be needed for it to be more than an average read.

Amazon (Kindle Unlimited)

Menage A Cowboy: The Complete SeriesMenage A Cowboy: The Complete Series by Jamie Klaire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a quick, sexy read.
There were a couple of things that made this story pretty unrealistic (in addition to the heroes). I'm not going to list them all, but I will say the idea that a 19 year old would be entering vet school seemed a bit odd.....
Keeping in mind that this was a free read, I can't be too hard on the book. If you are looking for a more erotic read, especially one that isn't terribly long then this would be a good choice.

Amazon (Kindle Unlimited)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment