Sunday, January 7, 2018

Small Business Sunday - Beauty Counter

We are starting a new feature on the blog, called "Small Business Sunday." This is a direct reflection on the changes in my life over the last 2 years or so.... You guys might have noticed that there are fewer posts in general and sometimes days when I don't post at all.

The reason behind that is simple - I went from being a full time stay home parent to working full time at a job I didn't love to working a part time job I enjoy most of the time. During the shake up from full time to part time, I also decided to start working with a company whose vision I truly embraced - Beautycounter.

What is that vision? safer skin care (not organic, not all natural, but safe). 

Why is that important to me? Well, without going into gory details I learned a couple of things the hard way about 6 years ago:
1) We can be sensitive to things without being allergic
2) Stuff builds up in our bodies
3) Our skin is our biggest organ and when our bodies are angry with us (see numbers 1 and 2) our skin is a likely place for us to see that reaction

It took nearly 9 months for me to go from super sick to medication free, and it took embracing things outside Western medicine to do it. So, when I was introduced to Beautycounter's mission to change skin care and their 1500 item "Never List" of chemicals known to cause harm I was intrigued. 



I was first introduced to Beautycounter in May 2017 and that was only because a friend became a consultant and had a party. I only went to the party because with working full time I wasn't seeing my friends as much and I missed the connection. I had no idea that I would fall in love with the products! Since May, I have gradually been changing my skin and hair routines to 100% Beautycounter and am seeing awesome results. 

My super curly, somewhat hard to control hair LOVES the Smooth and Control line. I actually use LESS styling product and my hair looks and feels less "stiff" - something I had just lived with because it was what was needed to control the curls and letting my hair dry on it's own (heat is not my hair's friend!)


My skin care routine is now 100% Beautycounter - and I'm going to get personal for a minute - blackheads. Those annoying pores on my nose and chin that always looked huge and like they were a pimple waiting to happen.... yeah, those are gone. I'm not even sure when it happened. I was using the magnifying mirror the other day and it just occurred to me how much better my nose looked :) I use a combination of our Nourishing collection and Balancing oil every day, our Cleansing balm at night, and Charcoal mask at least once a week. 




One thing I also love, Beautycounter stands behind their products - there is a 60 day money back guarantee. If something doesn't work for you, they buy it back no questions asked. If Beautycounter is something you want to try, you can do so (with me) HERE

Today is the last day of the 30% off WinterSale (select items only)

If you decided to try Beautycounter as a Band Of Beauty member ($29 for a year)
You get a free gift, free shipping of orders of $100 or more, and every order earns you 15% credit toward future orders. This months free gift for joing the Band of Beauty is the Nourishing Cream Cleanser, a $26 value - so it's like paying $3 to join! 


Thanks for hanging out with me today! If you would like to see your business featured here next Sunday, just comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment