Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Review Round Up ~ July 27



New Release:


Good Twin Gone Country (Dynasties: Beaumont Bay #4)Good Twin Gone Country by Jessica Lemmon

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy PRovided by Author

This is a series that I discovered halfway through and am wishing I had read the first 2 books as well!
Hallie is the twin sister/manager of a famous country singer. Gavin is the youngest brother of Hallie’s now brother in law. Both are previous secondary characters getting their turn in the spot light.

Hallie and Gavin’s story is fun and follows what I would have expected from the “good girl” and the “bad boy” coming together so she can “break the rules.”

Both characters came into the story fairly well adjusted, but set in their ways. It was entertaining to see how they evolved with their time together. The secondary cast centers around Gavin’s brothers and their significant others and they were great foils for pointing out the obvious (at least to Gavin). If you have followed the series, you will appreciate seeing what everyone is up to now!


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

This is a book that I waffled on a bit, both when it came time to decide what to read and even in the early part of the book.

Tessa (our female lead) took me a bit to get connected with, but the more I got to know her, the more I liked her and found myself rooting for her.
Guy (our male lead) was not your classic aristocratic character. I found him refreshing, even as he was repeatedly putting his foot in his mouth.

With a unique story line, there were several twists and turns in When a Duke Loves a Governess. I appreciated the way Ms Drake had Tessa stick to her guns regarding what she wanted. Add in interesting secondary characters along with a level of intrigue and this is a very enjoyable historical read.

No comments:

Post a Comment