From New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, Dianne Duvall, comes the next heart-pounding romance in the Immortal Guardians series - BLADE OF DARKNESS! Order your copy today!
Blade of Darkness by Dianne Duvall
Immortal Guardians Book #7
Releasing September 19th, 2017
Return to the “utterly addictive” (RT Book Reviews) world of New York Times bestselling author Dianne Duvall’s Immortal Guardians.
Dana Pembroke has been able to glimpse the future of those she touches for as long as she can remember. But she never saw Aidan coming. When the tall, dark Celt with the charming grin yet world-weary eyes walks through her door, the future she sees for him is one full of violence, danger, deception… and passion. Because amidst the terrifying battles that unfold in her visions, she also sees herself in Aidan’s arms and in his bed. Dana knows she should keep her distance, but the tender moments and laughter they share entice her even as she finds herself thrust into a world of vampires, immortals, and other preternatural beings.
Immortal Guardian Aidan O’Byrne has been hunting and slaying psychotic vampires for nearly three thousand years, so visions of bloody battles don’t trouble him. The battles Dana foresees, however, show Aidan’s brethren turning against him, so he can’t help but feel alarmed. While he spends as much time as he can with Dana, struggling to decipher her dire predictions, Aidan finds himself utterly smitten. Hope rises that he has finally found a woman who can banish the darkness and loneliness that plague him. But when vampires begin targeting Dana and a powerful enemy spawns chaos, will fate grant them time to find happiness together?
Dianne Duvall Guest Post ~Top 5 Favorite Blade of Darkness Quotes
Thank you for joining me today! I’m excited to be here at E-Reading After Midnight, celebrating the upcoming September 19th release of BLADE OF DARKNESS, the seventh book in my Immortal Guardians series. (If you’re new to the series, don’t worry. The books can be read as stand alones. You’ll just be more familiar with the secondary characters if you read them in order.) Today I thought I would give you a glimpse of what you’ll find in Aidan and Dana’s story by offering you a few of my favorite quotes from it.
1) The man she held cleared his throat. “So… help me out here, fellas. Am I supposed to find the fact that someone her size took me down so fast emasculating or a turn-on? Because I’m sorta goin’ both ways.”
2) Slowly, she walked around the long table and stared at them. The moment stretched. They sent her encouraging smiles. “Okay,” she announced, “I’m not gonna lie. This is freaking me out a little.”
3) “You know he’s telepathic?” Dana asked his friend. “Yeah,” Sheldon responded simply. The woman at his side nodded. Neither seemed to view it as anything extraordinary, as if she had just asked them if they knew Aidan could play the piano. “It doesn’t bother you?” Dana pressed. Sheldon gave a dismissive shrug. “Nah. Aidan’s a good guy. He almost never reads my mind.” Aidan grimaced. “Because there’s too much porn and weird shite up there.” Tracy laughed and gave Sheldon’s shoulder a shove. “Freak.” Sheldon grinned. “You know it.”
4) “Great,” she groused as she stomped into the bathroom with a pile of clothes tucked under one arm. “Don’t worry about the nutcase who’s trying to kill you. Worry about pissing off the great and powerful Oz.” She slammed the door behind her. Laughing, Aidan grabbed a couple of katanas. The bathroom door eased open enough for Dana to poke her head out. She sent him a rueful smile. “Sorry. The whole I’m not a morning person thing might have been a bit of an understatement.” Closing the distance between them, he pressed a quick kiss to her lips. “You’ve gotten very little sleep in the past forty-eight hours. And I think you’re cute when you’re cranky.” She laughed. “Then maybe you’re the nutcase.”
5) “Well,” Dana complained as the silence stretched and frustration rose, “if you didn’t want me to tranq anyone, you shouldn’t have given me the damned gun.”
The Immortal Guardians Series:
About the Author
Dianne Duvall is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of the Immortal Guardians series and The Gifted Ones series. Reviewers have called Dianne's books "fast-paced and humorous" (Publishers Weekly), "utterly addictive" (RT Book Reviews), "extraordinary" (Long and Short Reviews), and"wonderfully imaginative" (The Romance Reviews). Her books have twice been nominated for RT Reviewers' Choice Awards and are routinely deemed Top Picks by RT Book Reviews, The Romance Reviews,and/or Night Owl Reviews.
Dianne loves all things creative. When she isn't writing, Dianne is active in the independent film industry and has even appeared on-screen, crawling out of a moonlit grave and wielding a machete like some of the vampires she creates in her books.
For the latest news on upcoming releases, contests, and more, please visit DianneDuvall.com. You can also find Dianne online . . .
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Goodreads | Google Plus