Wednesday, September 6, 2017

New Releases

A couple of new release that I've read recently..... 


Need You Now (Cloud Bay #1)Need You Now by Emma Douglas

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy provided by Publisher via Net Galley

I enjoyed getting to know Faith and Caleb, but there were moments when I felt like I was going into an existing story instead of a stand alone effort.
Ms. Douglas is a newer author for me, so I don't know if it is just her style of writing or if there is a series somewhere I am missing.
Both Faith and Caleb are interesting characters and I liked their interactions, but I would have enjoyed a deeper dive into who they are vs some of the technical music fest discussions. Some of the secondary characters also seemed to take on a prominence that never really played out through the rest of the story.
From a pure entertainment standpoint, this was a well written, good book. I am curious to read more about Cloud Bay.

Amazon


Arm Candy (Real Love, #2)Arm Candy by Jessica Lemmon


3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

I have to confess that I enjoyed this book more than its predecessor, Eye Candy. Since the two books are very similar, I think it comes down to enjoying the premise of Arm Candy a little more.
In Arm Candy, we rejoin our cast of characters shortly after the end of Eye Candy, but his time the focus is on Grace and Davis.
These two have had an antagonistic relationship and the sexual tension finally boils over!
I appreciated how these two kind of stumbled into dating each other exclusively and there was real relationship building and not just crazy hot sexy time. I found myself enjoying the process of getting to know them as they got to know each other and I found myself really liking each of them.
My one complaint is that the conflict seemed forced. I understand where Grace is coming from, but it just didn't seem like enough to be the "break up" issue. I know that's a personal preference thing, so it may not be an issue for everyone.
Overall, this is well written and fun. If you've read Eye Candy, you'll enjoy getting to revisit friends. But, by no means to you have to go in order - this does stand alone.


Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment