Friday, February 12, 2016

Meet The Blogger ~ Elizabeth

We do the "Meet The Author" posts every week, but for I haven't really introduced myself other than our very first post - so, instead of introducing an author this week, I'm going to introduce myself. Hope that's okay :) 



Published Work:

You see my published work every day :) In addition to running E-Reading After Midnight, I also review for Cocktails and Books. (Very fun group of ladies over there)

Do you get to read full time or do you have a "day" job?

I am a stay home parent to three kids (nearly 8 year old girl, 5 year old boy, and nearly 3 year old boy). I also volunteer at their schools, church, and try to be active in my NSDAR chapter. I sneak reading time in around running kids around and normal chores. Most of the review writing and post building happens at night after everyone is in bed.

Favorite part of being a reader/blogger?

Getting to read new books early, helping to spread the word about great books, and the wonderful interactions within the writer/reader/blogger community.

Scariest part of being a blogger?

That a review I write might offend someone. Writers put a lot of time and effort into their work and even if something isn't right for me, I don't want to down grade the effort that it took.

Who are your favorites to read?

Oh gosh - my list of favorites has grown by leaps and bounds in the past year. Two big groups of Indie Authors are the Indie Chicks and the ladies of the TBR group.
Traditionally published favorites are Jill Shalvis, Kristan Higgins, Susan Mallery, and Lori Foster.

If you had $1 Million to giveaway, what would you do with it?

Two things: 1) Start an endowment to help families with daily expenses during a child's hospital stay. An "average" family gets hit pretty hard when a child is in the hospital for a long time. Transportation costs between home and hospital, parking fees, meals for the parent staying, potential lost wages, etc. Those expenses are potentially tax deductible, but the threshold for the deduction is incredibly high, especially if you have good insurance.

2) Contribute to Veterans charities, especially those that assist homeless veterans locally.


One piece of advice for an aspiring blogger?

Go for it, but do it because you get enjoyment from it.

Where can we find you?
Facebook Page
Closed Facebook Group
Twitter: @E_ReadAMid

No comments:

Post a Comment