Thursday, October 13, 2016

Reviews from the TBR

I've been diving into my To-Be-Read list again, so I am bringing you more short and sweet reviews.

Big RockBig Rock by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a fun, light hearted read. A well written friends -to-lovers story with interesting characters and no unnecessary angst. Written from Spencer's (the male lead) point of view, Big Rock in a unconventional friendship/fake engagement turned real relationship.

Amazon




 Logan KadeLogan Kade by Tijan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is my first Tijan book and to be honest, I'm a little disappointed. Given the hype surrounding the author I expected to be blown away and I just wasn't.
I don't know if the issue is that I am jumping into a series fairly far into it or if it is that the genre and I don't click, but I was underwhelmed.
Logan and Taylor are both good characters and I enjoyed the emotional growth both experienced, but some other emotional connections seemed to be swept aside.
This has me curious about about Tijan books - I'm not ready to give up yet.

Amazon

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment