Sunday, November 1, 2015

Finding A Way ~ T.E. Black


I am finally free. This is my chance for a fresh start. My chance to live the way I want to. Boston is my destination. Just when I think things are going to get better from here, I meet him. Malcolm Davis. He is the image of masculinity, with rough edges I would love to soften. Although I wonder what it would be like to be with a man like him, I know it would never work. But, I do know two things, ever since I met him, I’m happy and he makes me feel safe. Both of those things lured me into taking a chance. I mean what’s life without taking any chances? It’s not much of a life without the risk of getting your heart broken. I imagine that for Malcolm Davis, falling in love with someone would be akin to a hurricane; anything that stands in the path of what he wants; gets demolished. Well, I guess my theory will be put to the test.

Elizabeth's Review 


4 Stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Copy Received as a Gift

 I love reading an author's debut novel! In Finding A Way we meet Callie just as she gets ready to start a new life in Boston. She has spent the last 3 years under a doctor's care "recovering" from the tragic death of her fiancee. Her emotionally absent parents have held going to college over her head until she was deemed "cured." Mac comes to help her move and they are instantly attracted to each other. Mac has his own set of baggage and has been living from hook up to hook up to avoid being vulnerable again. I have to admit that I liked the fact that even though Mac and Callie were instantly attracted to each other, they didn't act on it right away. Even though it was pretty obvious that it wouldn't work, they tried to be friends first and had the opportunity to get to know each other and form a bound. These two had some rough spots, mainly because Mac was ready to go after a relationship with Callie before she was ready to try. Once they got together, they were off the charts hot. It seemed like Mac and Callie moved to the "love" stage very quickly, but it seemed natural for the two of them. A mistake Mac made before they got together came back to bite him and it could have been a big hurdle for his new relationship with Callie. My respect for her shot up when she listened to what was going on and stood beside him until the issue was resolved. There were a couple of times that things seemed to happen a little fast or issues that came up and never were really addressed again, but nothing major. All were issues that could be forgiven considering it is Ms. Black's debut work. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in Ms. Black's next book. Not only do I want to see Trent's story, I am looking forward to her growth as an author.

Goodreads ~ Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment