Monday, November 30, 2015

Tempting by Alex Lucien


His body climbing over mine. 



My teeth biting his neck. 



His scent on my skin. 



My nails carving a path down his back. 



His commands whispered in my ear. 



All of my senses filled with him. 



I knew it was bad. But I craved more. 



It had begun innocently enough, bumping into one another in a crowded Boston bar. What followed that night had been anything but innocent. 

Because I'd known, even as he'd slid inside of me, that he was my professor. I'd pursued him, a predator stalking its prey. 

And he didn't know I was his student. 

But he would.  

Elizabeth's Review

3 Stars - Average Read

Review Copy Provided by Author

As I sit to write this review, I still don't really know how I want to rate this book. I enjoyed the story, but didn't love it. Tempting is a story of a college student, Adele, who enters into a relationship with her professor, Nathan. For the first half of the book, I really didn't like Adele. She came across as manipulative and as the type of girl who was more interested in the chase of getting the unattainable man than someone looking to establish a relationship. As we got to know both Adele and Nathan better, I started to like them more. They both have certain emotional issues in common that make them a good fit for each other. Adele gradually revealed that she was much more than the sex kitten she portrayed herself to be initially. Nathan was a bit of a roller coaster ride, but I loved his grand gesture(s) when he drove Adele away the final time. I guess my complaint about Tempting is that I just didn't really see or feel the transition between two people who were sneaking around to have sex and two people developing a relationship. Most of the interactions between Nathan and Adele were sexual encounters and it would have been nice to have seen additional relationship building. I also had an issue with the appearance of Nathan's former brother-in-law. It seemed like his character didn't really have a purpose. I'm still not really sure where I want to put this book in terms of rating. I am curious to see where the series is going.
Alex Lucian is an author living on the eastern coast of the United States who appreciates being anonymous, for personal and professional reasons. Tempting is Alex's first novel.



No comments:

Post a Comment