Friday, April 15, 2016

Meet The Author ~ Amalie Silver

Welcome Amalie Silver to this week's Meet The Author spot!


Published Work:


Word Play


Goodreads

Amazon (Kindle Unlimited)


Four Play


Goodreads

Amazon



Progress #1


Goodreads

Amazon (Kindle Unlimited - free as of 4/10/16)






(TBA in 2016: Interrupted (Progress #2), and Rewired (Progress #3))


What are you working on now?


Interrupted (Progress #2)

Do you get to write full time or do you have a "day" job?


I’m a stay at home mom to two kids. One is in school full-time, and the other hasn’t started school yet. I’m also a part-time graphic designer and work from home.

Favorite part of being an author?


Having something for myself. My life revolves around my kids and my home, so it’s nice to have something I can call my own

Scariest part of being an author?


Showing the world a vulnerable part of myself. It’s not easy spending months creating characters and stories, and then giving them to readers. Every character holds a piece of who I am (or who I was at one time). Writing is an extremely personal thing.

Who are your favorites to read?


Okay, I admit… I don’t read much. I know! (gasps) I mean, I’ve read the big ones (Twilight, 50, etc.), but other than being a part of a small critique group, I don’t have much time for reading right now. However, I can say that the ladies in my group can write damn good stories. I’ve been able to be a part of seeing books from their infancy through launch from these talented ladies: A. Meredith Walters, Claire C. Riley, T.K. Rapp, Stacey Lynn, Brittainy C. Cherry, and Kelsie Leverich.

If you had $1 Million to giveaway, what would you do with the money?


There’s sooo much I’d want to do with the money. I could think of animal shelters, homeless, Third World countries and their water/food/medicine supplies, human trafficking… so much. (And to be honest, if I really DID have this money, I’d probably divide it up evenly.) But the biggest one would probably be Autism Speaks. 

One piece of advice for an aspiring writer?


Never lose sight of why you do this. Do it because you love it. And if you stop loving it for a day, don’t write for a day. It will be shit if it isn’t coming from the heart.

Where do your story ideas come from?


I was always told that the first rule of writing was ‘write what you know.’ Every character I’ve written has either been myself at one point in my life or someone I’ve known like the back of my hand. My story ideas are almost always inspired by my own life.

Where can we find you?

IG: @Amalie_Silver

1 comment:

  1. Discover how 1,000's of people like YOU are working for a LIVING online and are living their dreams right NOW.

    Get daily ideas and instructions for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.

    CLICK HERE TO START TODAY

    ReplyDelete