Thursday, April 21, 2016

Moto ~ M. Never ~ Review


What's harder than resisting one Dane man? Resisting two. 

I don't date bikers. It's my one cardinal rule. No rough, rugged, tattooed egotistical maniacs on two wheels. Even if they are gorgeous, brilliant, and sport the prefix Doctor. Bottom line, bikers are nothing but trouble. 

 T.R.O.U.B.L.E 

 Dr. Devlin Dane has had his sights set on my panties for months. But I've done a stellar job of fending him off. As Mercy Medical's most eligible bachelor, he has no problem in the panty dropping department. He's tall, dark, and inked all over. I get the appeal, I'm not dead. I'm not stupid either. He's a walking heartbreak waiting to happen. 

 But when Reese Dane comes crashing into my life - literally- the game suddenly changes. 

 Reese, the dark, brooding, motorcycle racing champion, knows exactly how to apply the right pressure on and off the track. 

 The two have an unstoppable pull like centrifugal force, and both bad boy bikers are determined to take me on a high-powered ride I'll never forget...

Elizabeth's Review

3 Stars - Average Read

I struggled with how to rate this book. I enjoyed it, but didn't fall in love with it like I expected to based on the things I had been hearing about it. The author also hit on several issues for me that also detracted from my enjoying the story. This was really more than a 3 - Average read for me, but didn't make it all the way to a 3.5. Because it's a book I was torn about, I'm going to talk about the things I liked first.

The Good stuff: 

Interesting characters - Kayla, Dev, and Reese are all fun to get to know. They are each intriguing on their own, but even more interesting together.

Sexy Time - The steam comes off the kindle no matter if the sexy times are one on one or a menage. 

Relationship building - The author does an excellent job of conveying the complicated feelings that weave in between these three entertaining characters.

World building - Motorcycles and the racing world are not one I am familiar with on my own, but the way this book was set up I didn't feel lost.

With a twist - just when you think you know where the story is going, the path changes - TWICE! 


The Struggles (some of these are personal taste, so PLEASE take them with a grain of salt): 

Editing - There are a couple of places where I struggled in actually reading the book. In some places early on were there was word repetition where it really didn't serve a purpose. Later on, it felt like a thesaurus had been thrown at the manuscript and while the words used technically fit the situation, they made the scenes cumbersome.

The Characters - I know, I said they were one of the things I enjoyed about the book. But, I struggles with the changes I saw in Dev and Kayla. There were times when it didn't seem that they were the same people we met early on.

The secondary stories - There was a secondary story involving Kayla's aunt and several other secondary characters that I'm just not sure what purpose they served.

Overall, this is definitely a book I enjoyed reading. If menage or motorcycles are your thing, I'd definitely give the book a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment