Saturday, May 30, 2015

Love Takes Your Breath Away - Caleigh Hernandez

In my last post, I mentioned that I had recently discovered the lovely Isabelle Richards. Well, "meeting" Isabelle led me to "meeting" Caleigh and her debut work, Love Takes Your Breath Away.
What happens after the happily ever after? Is that all there is? Marriage, career, kids, and you're set? Life, love and the pursuit of happiness doesn't stop at "'til death do us part." For Izzy & Diego it's just the beginning. "Forever and ever, I do" is not as easy to accomplish as is saying it. In real life, there are ups and downs, ins and outs. Along with the good comes the bad. With health, there's sickness. Is love enough? Is it forever? Will it survive?

Elizabeth's Review

3.5 Stars

Digital Copy provided by Author

At first I wasn’t sure what to make of this book. Most books end before or at the wedding that signifies the couples “happy ever after” and the reader is left to imagine what life looks like after that point. Love Takes Your Breath Away actually opens with the wedding of Izzy and Diego and then gives us a brief look into their life for the next several weeks.
I liked both Izzy and Diego, but didn’t feel like I got to know them very well. The book isn’t terribly long and they were busy people! We are definitely living in Izzy’s head and we get more of her back story than Diego’s.
Very well written with fun characters, Love Takes Your Breath Away, is a great quick read. There is a cliffhanger and the story is to be continued and that is my one complaint; Reading this feels a little bit like reading the middle of a story versus a complete work. I was intrigued enough by both the main and secondary characters that I want to know what came before the wedding! I’m also looking forward to see what adventures come next.

Love Takes Your Breath Away is currently free for a limited time, so go grab a copy and tell me what you think.

You can find Caleigh on:
Goodreads
Facebook
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment