Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Review Catch Up....... TBR Style

I took a quick break from reading advanced copies to read a couple of books from the TBR pile..... A Love Letter to Whiskey has been lingering for YEARS and after meeting Ms Steiner this past fall at Wild N Windy in the City, I wanted to read it even more.... keep going to see what I thought. 


A Love Letter to WhiskeyA Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner

3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's time

This is a book that has been on my TBR for years (literally, I bought in on sale in 2016) and for one reason or another I hadn’t gotten around to reading it until now. This was also my first read by this author, so I went in a little blind.
To be honest - I had mixed feelings while reading the book and almost quit several times. Now that I’ve finished I’m glad I did. I still have some mixed feelings, but I think those are related to execution vs the story itself.
A Love Letter to Whiskey is told from the point of Breks (B) and we follow her from the time she meets Jamie at 17 until she is roughly 28. Looking at the surface of the story and the push pull between B and Jamie was where a lot of my frustration lied, I found myself frustrated at how many times they kept circling each other.
Looking deeper I was intrigued by the fact that B’s view of love was tainted by what she had seen around her and that so much of her perception of her relationship with Jamie focused on the negative. Seeing the complete story (with some help from her friend Jenna) helped B resolve her issues and seek her true happily ever after. It highlighted how the filters we use to look at life can impact our reality - you’ll have to read the book to see what I mean.
As much as I appreciated the resolution to the story, the overwhelming desire to shake both B and Jamie to have them to get out of their own way means that is probably isn’t a book I could ever love. I would have been interested in seeing the story from Jamie’s point of view as well and am definitely curious about other books from this author.

Amazon


 Backstage Pass (The Back-Up Series)Backstage Pass by A.M. Madden

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

M’kay - this little bit of a story needs a major warning.
The story that is actually here is less than 1/3 of the kindle file. The rest is preview for the first book in the related series.
This is really just a scene of sexy time with friend time after. We never even learn The name of Trey’s love interest.
This is something that should only be read by someone following the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment