Friday, August 19, 2022

Review Round Up ~ August 19




New(er) Releases:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

An Unexpected Turn is an expectedly good read! Okay, yes, I know that’s corny, but as a fan of Ms Rose, I did get what I expected from this story.

And what exactly did I expect? I expected a hero on the alpha side, a heroine who had backbone and maybe a bit of sass, a strong sense of family/loyalty, some spicy times, and a love story for the ages. With Jake and Peyton, Ms Rose delivered all of that plus a bit of angst in terms of a forbidden romance.

I truly enjoyed watching Jake and Peyton fight the good fight and try to resist the romantic push they had to each other. They both had plenty of reasons, so seeing the explosion when they gave in was amazing.

Add in an excellent secondary cast and this is a strong addition to Ms Rose’s catalog of alpha heros. As always with her writing, I was pulled in and felt like I was spending time with friends. I was glad to see how their story ended, but sad to see them go.

Amazon



TBR Reads:   


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Purchased

This was an entertaining quick read that also packed a surprising emotional punch.

Evie and Merrick have a funny “meet cute” that shouldn’t work as well as it does, but sparks definitely fly between them. As sparky as their initial interactions are, it was even more fun seeing them spend time together and letting the other see behind the walls that they have built.

I appreciated that the drama that caused these two to have a rough patch was something unexpected and not something trite given the work place dynamic of their story.

The Boss Project reinforces Ms Keeland as a go to for a strong story and refreshing read. 

Amazon



My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

This is an excellent read about meeting the right person at the wrong time and having fate intervene to bring them back into your life.

Interesting characters and a complex story pulled me in and kept me on the edge of my seat as we saw Aaliyah and Connor navigate their friendship and challenges.

This is a series I have read out of order (I started with book 3 in the series) and it was nice to come back to see what happened earlier in the series.

Amazon


View all my reviews







 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment