Thursday, January 11, 2024

Review Round Up ~ January 11




New(er) Releases:

Thoroughly Pucked (My Hockey Romance #3)Thoroughly Pucked by Lauren Blakely

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

I've enjoyed the My Hockey Romance books so far. Aubrey, Dev, and Ledger were no exception.
This story has an interesting beginning as we are at Aubrey's wedding day and then we aren't! Given where this story was going, an interesting bit of slow burn fit well and allowed the characters to form emotional attachments.

The physical aspects of this story were almost too much for me here. I appreciated how that played into the budding relationship between the characters, but it diminished the self-reflection and growth that all three were experiencing. The moments of the story I enjoyed most where were Aubrey, Dev, and Ledger tapped into who they were at the core and shared those inner moments with each other.

While this is part of a series and there are secondary characters that people following the series will recognize, this is a complete stand-alone that can be read on its own. From hints in the story, I think there will be one more in the series and I am curious if we will see more of this trio there as well.

   


*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment