Saturday, May 1, 2021

Review Round Up ~ May 1



New Release:


A Cowboy Kind of Love (Heart of Texas #6)A Cowboy Kind of Love by Donna Grant

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

I've been following along with the cowboys of Clearview for a while and wow, do these guys have some major adventures as they find their way to the loves of their lives. Jace (a secondary character in previous books) is no exception.

A Cowboy Kind of Love pairs Jace with his long lost girlfriend, Taryn. I enjoyed seeing their reconnection and the elements of adventure that went into resolving the thrill aspect of the story.

Having said that, I struggled with this story a little bit too. In previous books of the series, there has been a bit more build up approaching the major problem resolution, but I felt like this story dumped us right into the action. That might have worked better for me had Taryn not been missing in action for nearly five years.

I appreciated the romantic aspect of Jace and Taryn reconnecting, but the speed of it just didn't ring true to me. This is still good addition to the series, even with my small reservations, and has been curious about Police Chief Ryan.

How to Train Your Earl (First Comes Love, #3)How to Train Your Earl by Amelia Grey

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

How to Train Your Earl took a bit for me to get into, but once I did, I found myself enjoying it.

Brina and Zane are both entertaining characters and it was sweet to see them bring balance to the extremes each live in before meeting. Brina's self imposed exile from romantic life and Zane's rakish ways blended well and both became more likeable for the softening of their edges. 

A fairly small secondary cast contributes greatly to the story and this left me very curious about the previous books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment