Thursday, May 20, 2021

Review Round Up ~ May 20



New Release:


People We Meet On VacationPeople We Meet On Vacation by Emily Henry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

This was a net galley read that I picked up strictly based on the blurb and have found a new author that I want to read more from!

People we Meet on Vacation is told strictly from Poppy’s point of view, but Author Henry does an excellent job of pulling us into Alex’s head as well. We see these two unlikely friends over a period of 12 years, alternating between current event and previous summers that they have spent together.

This was a well written and emotional story. Both Poppy and Alex have things they have struggled with and the bond they have in their friendship is one that definitely gives the warm and fuzzies. These are characters that I truly enjoyed and found myself rooting for them to figure out what they need from each other and life.

I appreciated that Ms Henry allowed both Alex and Poppy to be vulnerable as they experienced their growing friendship and then the ups and downs as they navigate relationships, distance, honesty, and more. I will definitely be looking to read more from this author.


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would recommend to a friend

Review copy provided by Net Galley

The duo behind the Christina Lauren pen name is one I consistently enjoy, so when the chance to read The Soul Mate equation came up, I couldn’t resist. This is a read that definitely did not disappoint!

Our characters of Jess and River (along with the small secondary cast) are interesting and fun to get to know. Not only are they entertaining on their own, but they are a couple that gets more interesting as the layers are peeled back and their dynamic evolves.

The premise behind The Soulmate Equation is unique and I appreciated how it played into the emotional background of the characters. The conflict in the story came from a direction I didn’t anticipate, and it was fun to see what I thought was the more obvious route avoided. But, that more obvious item is actually the reason that this doesn’t have a higher rating - I felt like it was a large question that went unanswered. To see what that is - you get to enjoy the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment