Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Review Round Up ~ January 18



New or Newer Releases:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Received from Publisher via Net Galley

Sophie Sullivan is a new to me author and I picked this book up off of Net Galley based on the blurb and I am glad I did!
 
Grace and Noah were both interesting characters to get to know. We meet them when both are at a cross roads and after a bumpy start, it was a pleasure to see them navigate new waters together as friends then as more.
 
Both are people who came to the situation with baggage that colored their reactions. I appreciated that both were willing to seek help/advice from friends on how to move in the directions they wanted to go.
The secondary cast here is interesting and I am curious about several of them. Noah’s brothers play a big part in his story, so I am definitely interested in knowing if they have their own stories to tell.

Amazon

Unforgettable In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, Book 7)Unforgettable In Love by Bella Andre

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

This is a solid, entertaining read in the Maverick Billionaire world. Lyssa is the younger sister/foster sister/sister-in-law of the 6 men who have anchored the series so far. In this book we see her come into her own both personally and professionally as she is paired with Cal.

I enjoyed Lyssa and Cal. They had an excellent working relationship that flowed naturally into more. I appreciated the weight that they both gave their differences and the work put in to move past them. The focus on family and maintaining relationships with the larger secondary cast also spoke well of both characters.

The thing that kept this from being a full 4 star read for me - that large secondary cast. This is book 7 in a series and all 6 of the previous main couples make appearances here. At times that can be a bit distracting and keeping track of who belongs to who and what the back story is made it harder to focus on the action related to this book.

If you have followed the series to date, I think you will enjoy seeing Lyssa and getting updates on her brothers. There are also hints in the epilogue that we may not be done with the Mavericks just yet. I am curious to see if the series will continue or if certain secondary characters might launch something new.

Amazon

TBR Reads:   


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to Friend

Review Copy Purchased

Stop! If you have not read the first book, just stop…. This book picks up right where the first book leaves off, so this won’t make sense unless you have read the first book.

My other disclaimer here is that the 4 star rating is for the two books together and the complete story they tell.

The conclusion of Jack and Darcy’s story is full of push/pull and conflict that honestly flirts with being over the top, but stops just short of crossing that line.

My one frustration with Jack and Darcy (in book 1 and here) is that while they talk to each other a lot, they never seem to listen to each other or really communicate.

Together, the It’s You books weave together an interesting story and had me actively rooting for our main characters to figure things out. I am also curious about some of the backstory hinted at surrounding the town - I definitely wouldn’t say no if the author were to revisit the genre.

Amazon   


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

Dianne Duvall is an author I have enjoyed before and for some reason drfited away from. The Lasaran has been on my TBR list for a long time and I am so glad that I finally made time for this entertaining read.
 
This is the first book in a new series, but it definitely intersects with Ms Duvall's Immortal Guardian world. I would strongly suggest that to fully appreciate this book, the reader should have some familiarity with who the Immortal Guardians are.
 
I enjoyed meeting the characters featured here and returning (at least tangentally) to the Immortal Guardiand I have met and liked before. Reading The Lasaran has spiked my interest in the books I have missed from Ms Duvall and well as the books that are hopefully coming in this series as well.

Amazon


View all my reviews
*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment