Friday, December 9, 2022

Review Round Up ~ December 9




New(er) Releases and Coming Soon:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

I’m pretty sure Sawyer Bennett can do it all! This addition to the Stone Veil series helps cement her role as a paranormal author along with the other genres where she has succeeded in the past.

Amell is a character that we have seen consistently through this series and it was entertaining to get to know him better here. He is paired with Nyssa, a human who finds her way into his realm of the Underworld.

Compared to previous installments of this series, Amell’s story is actually fairly tame. This story definitely has a more emotional element and I appreciated the evolution both characters experienced.

While this is technically a stand alone, the Chronicles of the Stone Veil is a series I would read in order. Amell’s story is very strongly tied to the earlier books of the series and having read those first will help add richness here. There are also secondary characters that I am hoping we will see stories for in the future.

Amazon




My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

Melanie Moreland is an author I can count on the deliver a heart warming story about a couple who overcomes obstacles and this is no exception.

For reference- this is a reissue and the title is slightly different, so if you have been reading Ms Moreland for a long time you might have read this one before.

This is a book that I missed the first time around, so I was excited to meet Ally and Adam. They are both interesting characters that have unique back stories. I loved watching them click together like puzzle pieces. Life and fate play a part in what happens next to this duo - I don’t want to give anything away- but I will say that I didn’t see the twist coming the way it did.

Well written, the story pulled me in. My only regret is that I didn’t get to read the original story earlier!

Amazon




*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment