Sunday, November 29, 2015

Keep Me ~ Faith Andrews


Sexy, tatted up, underwear model Marcus Grayson is every girl’s dream—or more likely worst nightmare. He’s a player, a self-proclaimed bachelor for life, and he’s got no problem living up to his man-whore status. But when his older sister’s friend comes back from the past, he may just have the chance to turn some of his adolescent fantasies into reality. 

Tessa Bradley is a self-sufficient, take-no-bull, single mother—well, now she is. Finally rid of her abusive, alcoholic ex, she’s making a new life for herself and catching up with old friends; the ones she was forced to break ties with because of her controlling husband. When she runs into Marcus, her friend Riley’s once-adorable turned smoking-hot little brother, she has no idea how he’s about to rock her world.


Elizabeth's Review

4 Stars ~ Would Recommend to a Friend

This is another win for the "Group Read" book. Faith Andrews has been an author on my TBR list for a while and a group read of Keep Me finally got me going and I am so glad I did.
At first I didn't think I would like the self proclaimed man-whore/model, Marcus. He went through women like most people go through Kleenex and wasn't at all picky as to whether or not they were already spoken for.
As much as I wasn't sure I could like Marcus, I loved Tessa almost as soon as she was introduced. And I liked these two together from the time they ran into each other in the coffee shop; there was a sense that they could be good for one another.
Ms. Andrews did an excellent job of showing us how Tessa and her son gentled Marcus and made him want to be a better person. I found myself liking the quiet times between them and seeing how they both grew both individually and as a couple.
My one complaint was Marcus' sister (and Tessa's friend), Riley. I got her desire to protect her friend, but really felt like she went over board in running her brother down.
Both Marcus' past behavior and Tessa's ex husband surfaced to cause problems for the couple, but it seems that the adversity just brought them closer together. Ms. Andrews crafted a story that was both sexy and romantic and I am curious to see if she was able to do the same thing for Riley in Keep Her.

Goodreads ~ Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment